Pay: Competitive Hourly Rate
An exciting opportunity has become available to join a team dedicated to delivering a high level of customer service at Fordingbridge Recreation Ground
Your duties will include unlocking and security of parks, regular patrols and maintaining a safe environment for visitors. You will be highly visible and proactively engage with members of the public, event organisers, community groups and sports teams.
In addition to these duties, you will be required to assist with the cleaning and maintenance of the paddling pool, general cleaning of the park facilities and managing the safe disposal of refuse.
With good verbal communication skills, you will be able to interact with members of the public in a tactful and diplomatic manner. You will be flexible and reliable with the ability to work alone and prioritise workloads.
To be successful in this role candidates should be professional, polite, trustworthy and committed to delivering a high level of customer service and have good time management skills with the ability to work to fluctuating demands.
Hours of work:
- Hours are offered on a casual basis (3 hours per day Thursday-Monday)
- Hours will be between 1.30-4.30
- July-September 2023
Closing Date: Thursday 20 July 2023
Interviews: Monday 24 July 2023
- Be a positive presence in the park and grounds.
- Represent Fordingbridge Town Council, reporting incidents to the Grounds Person/Town Clerk , preventing damage, removing hazards, and reducing risks to maintain a safe environment
- Ensure park facilities are clean and litter free, removing risks to public health and safety; such as broken glass or litter
- Ensure that sites are opened and closed to help prevent damage/theft to park facilities.
- Drive and be responsible for Fordingbridge Town Council vehicles (driving licence is desirable but not essential)
- Any other duties of a similar nature, as may be requested by management.
Key skills and requirements:
- Full, clean UK driving licence (desirable but not essential)
- Committed to delivering excellent customer service
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise workload, especially when lone working
- Good communication skills with the ability to engage with a wide variety of people
- Ability to understand and implement operational procedures and risk assessments
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to address a range of practical and social challenges
- Good organisational skills with the ability to work un-supervised
- Full training
- Good variety of work
Fordingbridge Town Council
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff and post-holders to share this commitment.
To fulfil this commitment we have robust systems in place for the safe recruitment of staff and volunteers.