New Forest District Council (NFDC) has set their element of the 2023/24 Council Tax at £193.99 per year, per household (Band D property) at their Full Council meeting on 27 February 2023.
The £5.63 a year increase is a 2.99% rise on the 2022/23 Council Tax.
Other organisations have also set their Council Tax amounts, and the total bill, for an average Band D property in the district, will be £2,090.56 for the year.
The full report that set the Council Tax can be read at https://democracy.newforest.gov.uk/documents/s25186/Council%20Tax%202023-24.pdf
The different amounts making up the total bill, for an average Band D property are:
• Hampshire County Council, £1,460.25, an increase of £69.39 (4.99%)
• New Forest District Council £193.99, an increase of £5.63 (2.99%)
• Police and Crime Commissioner for Hampshire £251.46, an increase of £15.00 (6.34%)
• Hampshire and Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service £80.43, an increase of £5.00 (6.63%)
• Town and Parish Council £104.43, an increase of £7.55 (7.79%)
NFDC are advising people who may have difficulty paying Council Tax to contact them straight away.
Residents can call 01590 646111 or email CouncilTax@nfdc.gov.uk
The Council have a local scheme to support low income households with their Council Tax payments.
To check what support may be available, residents can call 01590 646121 or email Benefits@nfdc.gov.uk
Information on Council Tax, including how to pay, discounts and exemptions, and support available can be found on the council’s website: https://www.newforest.gov.uk/counciltax
Residents can also find information to support them generally with the cost of living at https://www.newforest.gov.uk/costofliving
New Forest District Council will send out Council Tax bills to residents in March.