“You don’t have to put up with antisocial behaviour in your neighbourhood” – that’s the message being given to victims in the New Forest.

Cllr Jill Cleary, NFDC Portfolio holder for housing and communities, said: “You don’t have to suffer intimidation or nuisance in silence. There are people ready to listen to your concerns.”

“If you or your family are suffering from antisocial behaviour, do something about it. Call the police on 101, then notify your landlord or the council’s environmental health officers – whichever is appropriate.”

The alert follows various incidents involving youths drinking alcohol, shouting abuse, smashing windows and car wing mirrors and stone throwing, particularly at Ringwood and Dibden Purlieu.

Hampshire Constabulary Commander for the New Forest, Chief Inspector Simon Tribe reminds residents that the New Forest Safer Neighbourhood Teams carries out regular street patrols, but urges residents to take the first step to resolve the ASB.

“Antisocial behaviour and acts of criminal damage are very upsetting to residents and should not be tolerated. The police are vigilant but we need your help to alert us to problems in your neighbourhood – call us on 101 to report nuisance in your neighbourhood – or 999 if it is an emergency.”

In addition to reporting ASB on 101, residents can contact NFDC’s environmental health or housing helplines, phone Safer New Forest or talk to an officer at a neighbourhood beat surgery.