Hampshire County Council


Hampshire County Council (HCC) is the county council that governs the majority of the county of Hampshire. It provides the upper tier of local government, below which are district councils, and town and parish councils.3

The council is responsible for public services such as:

  • Highway management:
  • Waste disposal
  • Children’s services (including supporting schools, families and young people)
  • Social care
  • Libraries
  • Discovery Centres
  • Country parks
  • Public Health

New Forest District Council:


The New Forest District Council is responsible for housing, leisure and recreation, environmental health, waste collection, planning applications, local taxation collections and some means tested benefits.

New Forest District Council: Report a Problem

Use the link below to report a problem to NFDC for fly-tipping, Parking Issues (NFDC car parks only), noise complaints etc



Council Tax: https://www.newforest.gov.uk/article/903/Council-Tax

Housing and Homelessness: https://www.newforest.gov.uk/article/948/Housing-and-homelessness

Recycling and waste: https://www.newforest.gov.uk/recyclingandrubbish

Hampshire County Council https://www.hants.gov.uk/transport/roadmaintenance/roadproblems

Use the links below to report problems for potholes, on street parking, tree/hedges, paving, lighting  and rights of way etcNew Forest National Park Authority: https://www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/