We want everyone to be able to use this website. For us to achieve this users should be able to:
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- Change colours and contrast levels
- Navigate the website using speech recognition software
- Navigate the website using just a keyboard
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of VoiceOver, JAWS and NVDA).
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
Accessibilty of this website
This website is using an accessible theme; however, there could be areas of the website that are not fully compliant.
Some areas of inaccessibility include:
- Some images do not have sufficient alternative text or are missing alternative text
- Same link text is used to go to multiple destinations
- Colour contrast might not be sufficient in certain situations
- PDFs may not meet accessibility standards
- Some input fields may be missing a description or have missing labels
- Some headings may have empty tags
- Some links are only identifiable by colour
- ID elements may not be unique
- HTML has been used for structural purposes within the site
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1 AA standard due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed above.
If you feel we could improve the accessibility of this website, please contact us and provide feedback so that we can adapt the website.
Fordingbridge Town Council is committed to making its website accessible, following the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
Updated on 29 July 2021